Topics

Wabash auto boxcar

Fred Jansz

Hi All,

Bought this OMI Wabash auto car and wonder if someone knows if there are decals available for this car?
Thanks for your advise.
best regards,
Fred Jansz

Tim O'Connor

Mark Vaughan decals - stocked by Des Plaines Hobbies

On 10/24/2019 6:09 AM, Fred Jansz wrote:
Hi All,

Bought this OMI Wabash auto car and wonder if someone knows if there are decals available for this car?
Thanks for your advise.
best regards,
Fred Jansz

Attachments:

Sterling, Massachusetts

Benjamin Hom

Fred Jansz asked:
"Bought this OMI Wabash auto car and wonder if someone knows if there are decals available for this car?"

Tim O'Connor replied:
"Mark Vaughan decals - stocked by Des Plaines Hobbies."

Somewhat surprisingly, he didn't do a specific set for these automobile cars.  Checked the manufacturer website this morning - there are overarching sets for boxcars, but not the SS automobile boxcars.  A check of the DPH online website for Mark Vaughn Decals doesn't return any WAB automobile decals either.

You can check with Funaro, who will sell decals upon request.  As always, consult prototype photos.

Ben Hom

Tim O'Connor

Mark Vaughan set E-1
. I painted this over 20 years ago and may have applied the wrong
set of dimensional data since I didn't know then as much as I know now. The set covers a
number of different cars. Set
E-2 was for postwar repaints and some later cars.

Tim O

On 10/24/2019 2:18 PM, Benjamin Hom wrote:
Fred Jansz asked:
"Bought this OMI Wabash auto car and wonder if someone knows if there are decals available for this car?"

Tim O'Connor replied:
"Mark Vaughan decals - stocked by Des Plaines Hobbies."

Somewhat surprisingly, he didn't do a specific set for these automobile cars.  Checked the manufacturer website this morning - there are overarching sets for boxcars, but not the SS automobile boxcars.  A check of the DPH online website for Mark Vaughn Decals doesn't return any WAB automobile decals either.

You can check with Funaro, who will sell decals upon request.  As always, consult prototype photos.

Ben Hom

Sterling, Massachusetts

steve_wintner

Isn't this set suitable?

https://www.blackcatdecals.com/product/wab48507-wabash-single-sheath-auto-car/

Admittedly, out of stock...

Drew M.

Doesn't Black Cat offer a Wabash set?

Drew in Philly

Modeling the pre-Depression years.

Sent from TypeApp

On Oct 24, 2019, at 14:18, Benjamin Hom <b.hom@...> wrote:
Fred Jansz asked:
"Bought this OMI Wabash auto car and wonder if someone knows if there are decals available for this car?"

Tim O'Connor replied:
"Mark Vaughan decals - stocked by Des Plaines Hobbies."

Somewhat surprisingly, he didn't do a specific set for these automobile cars.  Checked the manufacturer website this morning - there are overarching sets for boxcars, but not the SS automobile boxcars.  A check of the DPH online website for Mark Vaughn Decals doesn't return any WAB automobile decals either.

You can check with Funaro, who will sell decals upon request.  As always, consult prototype photos.

Ben Hom

Fred Jansz

Thank you all for advise, thanks Tim for the picture!
regards, Fred Jansz

Rob M.

Ted Schnepf of Rails Unlimited offers the Wabash car in O scale resin.  You might contact him and see if his decal source can downscale and print you a set in HO.

Rob Mondichak

Eric Hansmann

I talked with Al Ferguson of Black Cat at the RPM. He can run the decal again if he gets some requests. Send him an email through the contacts on the Black Cat website.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On Oct 28, 2019, at 9:56 AM, Rob M. via Groups.Io <rule292@...> wrote:

Ted Schnepf of Rails Unlimited offers the Wabash car in O scale resin.  You might contact him and see if his decal source can downscale and print you a set in HO.

Rob Mondichak

Eric Hansmann

BTW, Allen found some sets at Black Cat. The website is now updated for these HO scale decals.

https://www.blackcatdecals.com/product/wab48507-wabash-single-sheath-auto-car/

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

I talked with Al Ferguson of Black Cat at the RPM. He can run the decal again if he gets some requests. Send him an email through the contacts on the Black Cat website.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

On Oct 28, 2019, at 9:56 AM, Rob M. via Groups.Io <rule292@...> wrote:

Ted Schnepf of Rails Unlimited offers the Wabash car in O scale resin.  You might contact him and see if his decal source can downscale and print you a set in HO.

Rob Mondichak

Fred Jansz

Thanks for the hint Eric.
Not exactly the same car, but will do fine I suppose.
best regards,
Fred Jansz