Wanted: Chooch sugar beet loads - HO scale

Peter Hall

Wanted to buy:  Chooch sugar beet loads - HO scale

If anyone has old Chooch sugar beet loads (HO scale) that they no longer need, I'll be happy to purchase them and take them off your hands.

Thanks
Pete

Jim Betz

Pete,
  I know one SP modeler who swears by Anise seeds for sugar beet loads ... Jim in the PNW

Nelson Moyer

A friend used Anise seeds for a beet train, and after a few months the cars were infested with bugs. If you use Anise seeds, you better treat them to discourage bugs. Perhaps run them through an alcohol dehydration series, or treat them with something repellent or toxic to bugs.

Nelson Moyer

  I know one SP modeler who swears by Anise seeds for sugar beet loads ... Jim in the PNW

Ray Hutchison

I would like to get just one and then make a mold for other copies…

IIRC, mice also like them.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni