Topics

Waynesburg & Washington Railroad

Bob Chaparro

Waynesburg & Washington Railroad

Does anyone have photos/photo links to the rolling stock of this railroad? Thanks.

From Wikipedia:

The Waynesburg and Washington Railroad was a 28-mile 3 foot gauge subsidiary of the Pennsylvania Railroad. From the 1870s through the 1920s the line served its namesake towns in Southwestern Pennsylvania (often referred to as the Wayynie). After the 1930s, the line did struggle on, but mostly on paper.

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA

Jim and Barbara van Gaasbeek

Bob,

A book was published some time ago on the W&W:

https://www.amazon.com/Three-feet-panhandle-Waynesburg-Washington/dp/0912113006/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=waynesburg+and+washington&qid=1601914708&sr=8-1

My copy is in storage, so I can’t tell you about the quantity or quality of the photos.  However, it is probably a source for you.

Jim van Gaasbeek

Irvine, CA

Eric Hansmann

Bob,

Your best bet is with the Waynesburg & Washington Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wwrailroad

Jim Weinschenker runs that and he has a trove of W&W photos. IIRC, many images from the W&W book are now in Jim’s possession.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

Does anyone have photos/photo links to the rolling stock of this railroad? Thanks.

From Wikipedia:

schmuck804_99@...