Topics

Western Fruit Express 12' 11" rebuilt reefer.

Scott

There is a listing for a Sunshine Western Fruit Express 12' 11" rebuilt reefer.  The asking price is $100.00 so I am out but just curious what the 12'11" refers too.  I would normally go to the sunshine site but it is is transition to its new home so can't look it up.  Is it a really tall reefer?  Just curious more than anything.

Scott McDonald

Jim Hayes

Here you are.

JimH

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 9:10 PM Scott <repairman87@...> wrote:
There is a listing for a Sunshine Western Fruit Express 12' 11" rebuilt reefer.  The asking price is $100.00 so I am out but just curious what the 12'11" refers too.  I would normally go to the sunshine site but it is is transition to its new home so can't look it up.  Is it a really tall reefer?  Just curious more than anything.

Scott McDonald

Bill Welch

Scott the 12' 11" measurement refers to these FGE and WFE rebuilds height from the top of the rail to the roof eave of the car. FGE and WFE began rebuilding their prewar built wood sheathed cars in 1948 applying a taller steel braced superstructure.

Bill Welch

Scott

Thank you Jim and Bill!  The PDS was and interesting read.

Scott McDonald