WFEX long angled queen posts update

Charlie Duckworth

Update…I’d ordered a set of long HO queen posts off Shapeways and they arrived a few days ago.  I removed them from their base and sanded the bottoms at a slight angle for gluing on the channels.  The tops where the truss rods were to sit weren’t open as with Tichy’s or Grandt Line’s so I took a micro-saw and cut in a small groove.  Then took a slightly wider saw and opened up the groove a little more - only snapped one post and luckily found the top half on my shirt. 😵‍💫. Not sure what I’d done if it hit the carpet.   After the posts dried I added some Evergreen 1”x 3” and 1”x2” shapes to somewhat replicate the part of the posts that bolted on the side of the channels. Thinking these details will appear once I add some weathering to the underframe. I’ve installed the AB brakes and the underframe is finished.   I’ll remove the black paint where the two rods meet in the turn buckle.

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Charlie Duckworth

I mixed up some TruColor ART yellow with a some VIA Yellow to lighten it up and masked it off and shot a coat of CB&Q BCR.  I’ll spray the gloss tomorrow to get ready for decals.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

O Fenton Wells

Looking good Charlie, keep it up
Fenton

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 7:36 PM Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:
I mixed up some TruColor ART yellow with a some VIA Yellow to lighten it up and masked it off and shot a coat of CB&Q BCR.  I’ll spray the gloss tomorrow to get ready for decals.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Charlie Duckworth

Added the NSC decals over the last couple of days and end details.  Next to add the end straps hand grabs,  ladders and vertical brake staff.

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Paul Doggett

Charlie

It’s looking really good

Paul Doggett

On 24 May 2022, at 12:28, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

Added the NSC decals over the last couple of days and end details.  Next to add the end straps hand grabs,  ladders and vertical brake staff.

D15FD8C9-5057-4348-A056-C7A2546947A7.jpeg

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

O Fenton Wells

Looking mighty good Charlie
Nicely done
Fenton

On May 24, 2022, at 7:36 AM, Paul Doggett via groups.io <paul.doggett2472@...> wrote:

Charlie

It’s looking really good

Paul Doggett

On 24 May 2022, at 12:28, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

Added the NSC decals over the last couple of days and end details.  Next to add the end straps hand grabs,  ladders and vertical brake staff.

D15FD8C9-5057-4348-A056-C7A2546947A7.jpeg

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Charlie Duckworth

Off the work bench at least for now.  I need to let it sit for a while; was adding chalk marks and actually broke one of the outside queen posts.  I few choice words and acc later and it was fixed.  I’ll add weathering to the trucks and wheels later but for now it’s finished.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

O Fenton Wells

Nice looking fleet
Fenton

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 8:50 AM Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:
Off the work bench at least for now.  I need to let it sit for a while; was adding chalk marks and actually broke one of the outside queen posts.  I few choice words and acc later and it was fixed.  I’ll add weathering to the trucks and wheels later but for now it’s finished.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

Richard Remiarz

Great job Charlie!

Rich Remiarz

Sent from Mail for Windows

Off the work bench at least for now.  I need to let it sit for a while; was adding chalk marks and actually broke one of the outside queen posts.  I few choice words and acc later and it was fixed.  I’ll add weathering to the trucks and wheels later but for now it’s finished.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

al_brown03

Nice cars!

Al Brown, Melbourne, Fla.

Paul Doggett

Some great looking cars there Charlie.
Paul Doggett

On 25 May 2022, at 13:51, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

Off the work bench at least for now.  I need to let it sit for a while; was adding chalk marks and actually broke one of the outside queen posts.  I few choice words and acc later and it was fixed.  I’ll add weathering to the trucks and wheels later but for now it’s finished.  D697BAC2-525B-4301-91EA-29222967087A.jpeg1CD6C523-5B68-4520-8DA2-5F9701023A03.jpegFC5B5358-4BE1-4737-ABA3-C7ED661625D2.jpeg
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Nelson Moyer

Very nice, Charlie. Love those long queen posts. Fine paint job, too.

Nelson Moyer