Evidently I knew what they were for at one time – two have been cut off and presumably mounted somewhere on a steam era freight car, no doubt.

Identification sought.

Schuyler

Pierre Oliver

Air hose brackets

Pierre Oliver
www.elgincarshops.com
www.yarmouthmodelworks.com
On 2020-03-30 4:08 p.m., Schuyler Larrabee via Groups.Io wrote:

I hate to admit this, but in the course of doing some deep cleaning and rearranging of my workbench and supplies, I came across this sprue of small parts.  I have no idea what they are.  Realizing that I provided nothing in the photo to give a scale reference, I measure them to be pretty much exactly ¼” long.

Evidently I knew what they were for at one time – two have been cut off and presumably mounted somewhere on a steam era freight car, no doubt.

Identification sought.

Schuyler

Brian Carlson

Precision scale air hose brackets I think.

Brian J. Carlson

On Mar 30, 2020, at 4:09 PM, Schuyler Larrabee via Groups.Io <schuyler.larrabee@...> wrote:

I hate to admit this, but in the course of doing some deep cleaning and rearranging of my workbench and supplies, I came across this sprue of small parts.  I have no idea what they are.  Realizing that I provided nothing in the photo to give a scale reference, I measure them to be pretty much exactly ¼” long.

Evidently I knew what they were for at one time – two have been cut off and presumably mounted somewhere on a steam era freight car, no doubt.

Identification sought.

Schuyler

<20200330_155849.jpg>

Schuyler Larrabee

Well, Pierre and Brian, that’s what I thought they might be.  There’s a dimple for drilling a hole through the short upturned end, and it makes some sense that is what they’d be for.  I’ll go with that for now.

Thanks

Schuyler