From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Paul Doggett via groups.io
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2020 10:01 AM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] What’s on my work bench

Not a freight car but a kit bashed tender for any of the following SP locos 2-6-0, 4-6-0, 2-8-0 or 4-8-0. Started with a Bachmann tender frame which matched the SP 0-8-0 tender that I have Brian Moore donated the tank which I cut down the body on and filled all the holes with 0.025” styrene. The oil tank was made with 0.020” styrene, the water filler was made with a piece of 0.040” styrene. The water and oil tanks had Archer rivets fitted unfortunately I didn’t take a photo of them, it’s not perfect but I am pleased with it. I hope this is ok for here. Remove if not permitted.

Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Paul Doggett

Schuyler

Thank you , I forgot to add the decals are Microscale and the handrails are brass with short locomotive turned brass handrail knobs.
Paul Doggett

On 17 Aug 2020, at 15:12, Schuyler Larrabee via groups.io <schuyler.larrabee=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Paul,

Your usual creative and excellent modeling, photographed on your very well-modeled layout. Thanks for sharing.

Schuyler

Not a freight car but a kit bashed tender for any of the following SP locos 2-6-0, 4-6-0, 2-8-0 or 4-8-0. Started with a Bachmann tender frame which matched the SP 0-8-0 tender that I have Brian Moore donated the tank which I cut down the body on and filled all the holes with 0.025” styrene. The oil tank was made with 0.020” styrene, the water filler was made with a piece of 0.040” styrene. The water and oil tanks had Archer rivets fitted unfortunately I didn’t take a photo of them, it’s not perfect but I am pleased with it. I hope this is ok for here. Remove if not permitted.

Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

O Fenton Wells

Wowzer Paul, you do more than freight cars, excellent
Well done and thanks for sharing

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Paul Doggett

Fenton

Thank you

Paul

On 17 Aug 2020, at 15:54, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:

[...]

Nelson Moyer

It's interesting to see a tender mod, even if it's not a freight car. Nice work, Paul.

Nelson Moyer

Not a freight car but a kit bashed tender for any of the following SP locos 2-6-0, 4-6-0, 2-8-0 or 4-8-0. Started with a Bachmann tender frame which matched the SP 0-8-0 tender that I have Brian Moore donated the tank which I cut down the body on and filled all the holes with 0.025” styrene. The oil tank was made with 0.020” styrene, the water filler was made with a piece of 0.040” styrene. The water and oil tanks had Archer rivets fitted unfortunately I didn’t take a photo of them, it’s not perfect but I am pleased with it. I hope this is ok for here. Remove if not permitted.

Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Paul Doggett

Nelson

Thank you I could not find a brass one so I decided to build one instead a lot cheaper as well.

Paul Doggett

On 17 Aug 2020, at 17:29, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

It's interesting to see a tender mod, even if it's not a freight car. Nice work, Paul.

Nelson Moyer

Not a freight car but a kit bashed tender for any of the following SP locos 2-6-0, 4-6-0, 2-8-0 or 4-8-0. Started with a Bachmann tender frame which matched the SP 0-8-0 tender that I have Brian Moore donated the tank which I cut down the body on and filled all the holes with 0.025” styrene. The oil tank was made with 0.020” styrene, the water filler was made with a piece of 0.040” styrene. The water and oil tanks had Archer rivets fitted unfortunately I didn’t take a photo of them, it’s not perfect but I am pleased with it. I hope this is ok for here. Remove if not permitted.

Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Bruce Griffin

--

Bruce D. Griffin
Ashland, MD

Tony Thompson

Good-looking tender project, Paul, and as you stated, used behind a wide variety of small SP power, usually when in switching assignments.
Yet another example of a job that would be pretty daunting without Archer rivets.

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Paul Doggett

Tony

Thank You the Archer rivets were a great boost saved hours with my hand riveting tool.

Paul Doggett

On 17 Aug 2020, at 23:19, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

 Good-looking tender project, Paul, and as you stated, used behind a wide variety of small SP power, usually when in switching assignments.
Yet another example of a job that would be pretty daunting without Archer rivets.

Tony Thompson
tony@...

Ken Adams

Great idea.  Excellent bashing and a lot of work.  It's one of the laws of model railroading. On Facebook just after you posted your mod Jason Hill announced a 3 D printed tank insert for rectangular tenders: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10158358618303076&set=p.10158358618303076&type=3&theater

I have been working on a similar bash for the IHC 2-6-0 tender but all work involving glues and other volatile fluids has been suspended during the current heat wave.

Other SP C class tender bashes in progress in the background.
--
Ken Adams

Paul Doggett

Ken

That’s looking really good.
Paul Doggett    England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 18 Aug 2020, at 19:43, Ken Adams <smadanek44g@...> wrote:

Great idea.  Excellent bashing and a lot of work.  It's one of the laws of model railroading. On Facebook just after you posted your mod Jason Hill announced a 3 D printed tank insert for rectangular tenders: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10158358618303076&set=p.10158358618303076&type=3&theater

I have been working on a similar bash for the IHC 2-6-0 tender but all work involving glues and other volatile fluids has been suspended during the current heat wave.
<70-R-7 bash for IHC 2-6-0.jpg>