Topics

What's on my workbench

Chad Boas

Here is a sneak peak at the new kits I will have available soon.
N&W B1a and B1b
The kit will have sides, ends, roof, floor and decals.
Chad Boas

David

These are mid-'50s rebuilds of N&W's round-roof box cars originally in classes B-1 and B-2.

https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/image_viewer.php?q=ns3254
https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/image_viewer.php?q=ns2907

David Thompson

Garth Groff and Sally Sanford

David,

As I correct in assuming that these two cars had diagonal panel roofs after rebuilding?

These are both cars I've contemplated kitbashing from Front Range bodies for a long time. Will I ever get to them? I don't know.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 9:47 AM David via groups.io <jaydeet2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
These are mid-'50s rebuilds of N&W's round-roof box cars originally in
classes B-1 and B-2.

https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/image_viewer.php?q=ns3254
https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/image_viewer.php?q=ns2907

David Thompson

David

The drawing does show a diagonal-panel roof.
https://www.nwhs.org/archivesdb/detail.php?ID=15608

David Thompson

Richard Townsend

Are there decals available for these cars?

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

As I correct in assuming that these two cars had diagonal panel roofs after rebuilding?

These are both cars I've contemplated kitbashing from Front Range bodies for a long time. Will I ever get to them? I don't know.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff  🦆

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 9:47 AM David via groups.io <jaydeet2001=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
These are mid-'50s rebuilds of N&W's round-roof box cars originally in
classes B-1 and B-2.

https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/image_viewer.php?q=ns3254
https://imagebase.lib.vt.edu/image_viewer.php?q=ns2907

David Thompson

Mont Switzer

Chad,

Sort of interested in the N&W cars, but don't see them in photos on the Monon.  Any idea what they were used for?

Mont

Here is a sneak peak at the new kits I will have available soon.
N&W B1a and B1b
The kit will have sides, ends, roof, floor and decals.
Chad Boas

Attachments:

James Brewer

Mont,

I've attached the N&W diagrams for these cars which spell out the "special equipment" for each.  N&W loved to rebuild cars (mainly for accounting/tax purposes) so this group had a number of "plain" cars for general loading and use.  As you can see, several groups of the B1a car had special equipment; note for the B1b the one group was equipped with Automobile Transmission racks.

Jim Brewer

Mont Switzer

Thanks Jim, will try to figure out a routing if possible, otherwise I'm sure the hauled some VA furniture up our way.

Mont Switzer