Topics

whose rebuilt USRA boxcar this is

Claus Schlund \(HGM\)

Hi List Members,

I cannot quite make out whose rebuilt USRA boxcar this is, but someone will be able to nail it, especially given that there appears to be a map on the side of the boxcar

I myself am more interested in the left side of the photo which shows team tracks with overhead crane and flat cars with boiler loads found below.

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Todd Sullivan

I would guess ATSF from the curved line map.  The truck (auto) is filled with Ruppert beer.  I can't imagine how they got into that situation.  The near end of the boxcar is off the track, so there must have been some force in the collision.  Whew!

Todd Sullivan

akerboomk

Looks Santa Fe to me

-       Curved map

-       “..e way” peaking out about the middle of the door

--
Ken Akerboom

bill woelfel

Definitely an ATSF car, blow up the pic and you can see the cross & circle shield logo just above the corner of the  truck. Also the Bx- stenciled lower right corner by the poling pocket.  Bill W

Schuyler Larrabee

I wonder how many cases of Ruppert disappeared that day?  I’d wager a LOT OF THEM!

Schuyler

I cannot quite make out whose rebuilt USRA boxcar this is, but someone will be able to nail it, especially given that there appears to be a map on the side of the boxcar

I myself am more interested in the left side of the photo which shows team tracks with overhead crane and flat cars with boiler loads found below.

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Brian Carlson

Doesn’t matter. I’m sure someone’s insurance company paid for them.

Brian J. Carlson