Wisconsin Central “Sawtooth” SS Box Car with Murphy Ends

Lester Breuer

I have completed the build of Sunshine Models Wisconsin Central  (W.C.) “sawtooth”  box car, numbered 135316.  Even if you are not a Wisconsin Central fan you may want to see the new photo etched double sill step Peter Aue has designed for sale by Yarmouth Model Works.  And, Wisconsin Central  paint, lettering and weathering.  If you are interested, photos and write up are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.  If would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Keep Modeling,

Lester Breuer

O Fenton Wells

Lester, Since you built both Speedwitch and Sunshine versions which finished product do you like more?
Fenton

On Nov 24, 2021, at 4:46 PM, Lester Breuer <rforailroad@...> wrote:

I have completed the build of Sunshine Models Wisconsin Central  (W.C.) “sawtooth”  box car, numbered 135316.  Even if you are not a Wisconsin Central fan you may want to see the new photo etched double sill step Peter Aue has designed for sale by Yarmouth Model Works.  And, Wisconsin Central  paint, lettering and weathering.  If you are interested, photos and write up are now available on my blog I have to share photos and writeup of modeling projects on my Minneapolis & Northland Railroad Company.  If would like to take a look please do at the following link:

http://mnrailroadcab100.blogspot.com/

Keep Modeling,

Lester Breuer

Lester Breuer

Fenton no preference.  Both fine kits and fun to build.    Each kit builds into a different version of the “sawtooth” so both needed.  The Speedwitch a little easier to build as one piece body vs. Sunshine flat kit.
Lester Breuer

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Lester, Just wondering
Fenton

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd

Clark Propst

Fenton, I've built both. Run them for awhile then sold the Sunshine car. With the 6' door it didn't have the character of the Speedwitch model.
Clark

O Fenton Wells

Interesting, Thanks
Fenton