WP pre-WWl feather River Route medallion

Andy Carlson

There will be a decal of this Herald for the as-delivered 1916 Pullman built WP 40' SS box car if the decal maker decides it is worth persuing. In the WP 15001-16000 series. This car is available now from me as a set of HO resin castings and with a decal set for both the re-paint scheme of the 1920s-1950s and the same scheme with added markings and road numbers for gypsum service which lasted somewhere into the early 1960s.

The two subject cars visible in the San Francisco B&W picture appear to me to be the earlier DS 40' box cars built around the early teens which were later fodder for 40' rebuilds with steel side replacements. Greg Martin did a Shake& Take at Cocoa Beech of these WP rebuilds about 6 years ago.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA
Inline image
The herald for the as-delivered.

-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA

The as-delivered 15001-16000 car is available, but less decals in HO
The car from the 2nd drawing is available now i HO with decals.