Topics

WTB: Tennessee Central Boxcar Decals

Allen Cain

I am looking for a set of HO scale decals for a Tennessee Central Boxcar in the 7900-7999 series that would be appropriate for 1955.  If you have any, please let me know off list.

I know that Campbell Road made a set of dry transfers WT-29 but I believe these to be the later block lettering scheme but do not have a set to check.

Or if you know of a source, I would appreciate getting the lead from you.

Thank you,

Allen Cain

hubert mask

Unfortunately we have not got down the list for box car decals but for future reference we do offer a locomotive decal TC.

On Mar 19, 2020, at 5:19 PM, Allen Cain <Allencaintn@...> wrote:

I am looking for a set of HO scale decals for a Tennessee Central Boxcar in the 7900-7999 series that would be appropriate for 1955.  If you have any, please let me know off list.

I know that Campbell Road made a set of dry transfers WT-29 but I believe these to be the later block lettering scheme but do not have a set to check.

Or if you know of a source, I would appreciate getting the lead from you.

Thank you,

Allen Cain

Richard Brennan

Protocraft has them in 1:48...
<https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20>https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20

...but they seem to be doing some sets in 1:87.1 as well. Perhaps an inquiry there?

--------------------
Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA
--------------------

At 02:19 PM 3/19/2020, Allen Cain wrote:
I am looking for a set of HO scale decals for a Tennessee Central Boxcar in the 7900-7999 series that would be appropriate for 1955. If you have any, please let me know off list.
I know that Campbell Road made a set of dry transfers WT-29 but I believe these to be the later block lettering scheme but do not have a set to check.

Or if you know of a source, I would appreciate getting the lead from you.

Benjamin Scanlon

Wood gondola, and twin hopper from K4 if that is any good to you?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=tennessee+central+decal+k4&_sacat=0
--
Ben Scanlon
Tottenham, England

Barry Bennett

Beware of the Protocraft decals as these are for a refurbished/rebuilt version with steel running boards and a diagonal panel roof.

Barry Bennett, UK.

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 at 23:15, Richard Brennan <rbrennan@...> wrote:
Protocraft has them in 1:48...
<https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20>https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20

...but they seem to be doing some sets in 1:87.1
as well.  Perhaps an inquiry there?

--------------------
Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA
--------------------

At 02:19 PM 3/19/2020, Allen Cain wrote:
>I am looking for a set of HO scale decals for a
>Tennessee Central Boxcar in the 7900-7999 series
>that would be appropriate for 1955.  If you
>have any, please let me know off list.
>I know that Campbell Road made a set of dry
>transfers WT-29 but I believe these to be the
>later block lettering scheme but do not have a set to check.
>
>Or if you know of a source, I would appreciate getting the lead from you.

O Fenton Wells

Allen got to eBay on the "my eBay" page and type in Tennessee Central in the search box and a bunch of decals for TC will come up by a company called K4 out of Dayton OH.  No boxcar but hopper and gon that you may be able to make work.  Check them out
Fenton

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 7:15 PM Richard Brennan <rbrennan@...> wrote:
Protocraft has them in 1:48...
<https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20>https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20

...but they seem to be doing some sets in 1:87.1
as well.  Perhaps an inquiry there?

--------------------
Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA
--------------------

At 02:19 PM 3/19/2020, Allen Cain wrote:
>I am looking for a set of HO scale decals for a
>Tennessee Central Boxcar in the 7900-7999 series
>that would be appropriate for 1955.  If you
>have any, please let me know off list.
>I know that Campbell Road made a set of dry
>transfers WT-29 but I believe these to be the
>later block lettering scheme but do not have a set to check.
>
>Or if you know of a source, I would appreciate getting the lead from you.

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

O Fenton Wells

You also might want to try Jim King as he may have a set or two left for the TC boxcar kits he manufactured
Fenton

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 5:41 AM O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:
Allen got to eBay on the "my eBay" page and type in Tennessee Central in the search box and a bunch of decals for TC will come up by a company called K4 out of Dayton OH.  No boxcar but hopper and gon that you may be able to make work.  Check them out
Fenton

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 7:15 PM Richard Brennan <rbrennan@...> wrote:
Protocraft has them in 1:48...
<https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20>https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20

...but they seem to be doing some sets in 1:87.1
as well.  Perhaps an inquiry there?

--------------------
Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA
--------------------

At 02:19 PM 3/19/2020, Allen Cain wrote:
>I am looking for a set of HO scale decals for a
>Tennessee Central Boxcar in the 7900-7999 series
>that would be appropriate for 1955.  If you
>have any, please let me know off list.
>I know that Campbell Road made a set of dry
>transfers WT-29 but I believe these to be the
>later block lettering scheme but do not have a set to check.
>
>Or if you know of a source, I would appreciate getting the lead from you.

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd
Pinehurst NC 28374
910-420-8106
srrfan1401@...

BRIAN PAUL EHNI

Your link doesn't work (it's doubled for some reason). Try this one:

https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20

Thanks!

--

Brian Ehni

On 3/19/20, 6:15 PM, "Richard Brennan" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io on behalf of rbrennan@...> wrote:

    Protocraft has them in 1:48...

    <https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20>https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20

    ...but they seem to be doing some sets in 1:87.1

    as well.  Perhaps an inquiry there?

    --------------------

    Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA

    --------------------

    At 02:19 PM 3/19/2020, Allen Cain wrote:

    >I am looking for a set of HO scale decals for a

    >Tennessee Central Boxcar in the 7900-7999 series

    >that would be appropriate for 1955.  If you

    >have any, please let me know off list.

    >I know that Campbell Road made a set of dry

    >transfers WT-29 but I believe these to be the

    >later block lettering scheme but do not have a set to check.

    >Or if you know of a source, I would appreciate getting the lead from you.

Richard Townsend

Stan Rydarowicz offered a TC box car with decals. Whoever ended up with Stan's materials after he died might have a supply of the decals, but I don't know who that might be. I suspect there is someone on this list who does know.

Richard Townsend
Lincoln City, OR

Allen Cain

Unfortunately all I found on the K4 Ebay listing were for hoppers and gondolas.  No boxcars.

And ProtoCraft while it has an extensive line of 1:48 have only a few HO scale and none for TC Boxcars.  But I did send them an email encouraging them to consider expanding their HO line.  After all, they already have the artwork.

Maybe others could email them also?

Allen Cain

Larry Wolohon

Protocraft's TC set is for 1937 AAR boxcar. Larry Wolohon

On March 20, 2020 at 4:22 AM Barry Bennett <barrybennetttoo@...> wrote:

Beware of the Protocraft decals as these are for a refurbished/rebuilt version with steel running boards and a diagonal panel roof.

Barry Bennett, UK.

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 at 23:15, Richard Brennan < rbrennan@...> wrote:
Protocraft has them in 1:48...
< https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20> https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20

...but they seem to be doing some sets in 1:87.1
as well.  Perhaps an inquiry there?

--------------------
Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA
--------------------

At 02:19 PM 3/19/2020, Allen Cain wrote:
>I am looking for a set of HO scale decals for a
>Tennessee Central Boxcar in the 7900-7999 series
>that would be appropriate for 1955.  If you
>have any, please let me know off list.
>I know that Campbell Road made a set of dry
>transfers WT-29 but I believe these to be the
>later block lettering scheme but do not have a set to check.
>
>Or if you know of a source, I would appreciate getting the lead from you.

Larry Wolohon

Norm doesn't list HO TC boxcar decals on his website, it is possible I would think to get them done in HO. Protocraft's decals are done by Microscale. How big a quantity is the question. Larry Wolohon

On March 19, 2020 at 7:15 PM Richard Brennan <@RBrennan> wrote:

Protocraft has them in 1:48...
<https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20>https://www.protocraft.com/category.cfm?ItemID=965&Categoryid=20

...but they seem to be doing some sets in 1:87.1
as well. Perhaps an inquiry there?

--------------------
Richard Brennan - San Leandro CA
--------------------

At 02:19 PM 3/19/2020, Allen Cain wrote:
I am looking for a set of HO scale decals for a
Tennessee Central Boxcar in the 7900-7999 series
that would be appropriate for 1955. If you
have any, please let me know off list.
I know that Campbell Road made a set of dry
transfers WT-29 but I believe these to be the
later block lettering scheme but do not have a set to check.

Or if you know of a source, I would appreciate getting the lead from you.

Allen Cain

ProtoCraft did respond and the min that he can order from MicroScale is 250 per set.  He does not feel that it makes business sense to add more HO to his line which is unfortunate because he has many southeastern roads that would be of interest to me.

I suggested that he consider licensing his artwork to some low volume printer but who knows if he will consider it.

Allen Cain

Allen Cain

John Hagen has taken on the project of producing Tennessee Central Boxcar decals in HO scale.  It will take him several months to get to this project as he has a backlog of work.

I have sent him all of the photos that I could find of these cars but I am sure that he would welcome more and if you also express interest maybe they will get bumped up on his schedule.

Here is what he said regarding costs:

"I am thinking I can get 4 per sheet with both the 50’s and 37 lettering. If so you’d be looking at $5.50/set or $20.00/4 sets"

His email is:

Allen Cain

Steven D Johnson

Allen,

Is he planning on producing these decals only for the refurbished and renumbered version (500 series) ca. 1958+?

I have several photos of the 7900s and later 500 series cars that I can send to him.

Thanks,

Steve Johnson

Nashville, TN

John Hagen has taken on the project of producing Tennessee Central Boxcar decals in HO scale.  It will take him several months to get to this project as he has a backlog of work.

I have sent him all of the photos that I could find of these cars but I am sure that he would welcome more and if you also express interest maybe they will get bumped up on his schedule.

Here is what he said regarding costs:

"I am thinking I can get 4 per sheet with both the 50’s and 37 lettering. If so you’d be looking at $5.50/set or $20.00/4 sets"

His email is:

Allen Cain

Bob Webber

In the FWIW department,
   The Pullman Library has a Pullman drawing of Lot 5655 series 7900-7955 TC Box cars stencil drawings.

   That includes the side, end, bolster, cylinder & interior lettering.  There may be a Lettering drawing as well.

Bob Webber
Curator, Pullman Library

StephenK

It is interesting to note that the "S" on the Protocraft Decal set  (as well as the prototype!)   seems to be upside down.

Steve Kay

Schuyler Larrabee

I would hope that he will produce the decals in such a way as to cover many variations over time.

Schuyler

John Hagen has taken on the project of producing Tennessee Central Boxcar decals in HO scale.  It will take him several months to get to this project as he has a backlog of work.

I have sent him all of the photos that I could find of these cars but I am sure that he would welcome more and if you also express interest maybe they will get bumped up on his schedule.

Here is what he said regarding costs:

"I am thinking I can get 4 per sheet with both the 50’s and 37 lettering. If so you’d be looking at $5.50/set or $20.00/4 sets"

His email is:

Allen Cain

Allen Cain

At this point the project is a blank canvas in need of information.

He initiated this at my request and I think that he would cover any era that he has the info for so if you want to send it to me I can forward it to him.

Either files or links but please do it soon before he gets started.

Or send it direct to him at the email I provided.

Allen Cain