Topics

Yankee Clipper Kit List

Tim O'Connor

Elden this is all I have for West Shore kits -

9001    Reading GHc/GHd composite fishbelly gondola
9002    NYC 1946 Despatch shops 70t 2bay covered hopper
9104    NYC/MC 1936 rebuilt USRA gondola
9202    EL Dunmore shops 70t 4bay covered hopper
9251    N&W round roof 40' SD boxcar
9287    LV wrong way boxcar Zenith roof corr door plate ends
9288    LV wrong way boxcar Viking roof corr door plate ends
9325    CNJ/CRP GHc/GHd composite fishbelly gondola
9326    Reading GHc/GHd composite fishbelly gondola (revised?)
9501A   B&O N-34 covered hopper

It was the fallout over the 1932 ARA box cars that caused Martin to drop Funaro
as a caster (and master builder) - Frank Hodina's first models for Martin then began
to appear, and they were of a higher order of quality. Martin's own early castings (I
think the Mather stock cars may have been the first) were not gray urethane castings.

Tim O'Connor

On 2/28/2020 10:08 AM, Gatwood, Elden J SAD wrote:

Guys;

I built his PRR GSH gon as one of my first resin builds.  The resin parts, details, decals and the instructions were good enough that it still compares well with my “modern” resin kit builds.

Also, one of my first 3 “accurate” PRR freight cars.

Expanding on the subject, does anyone know of a list of the West Shore Line’s offerings?  They were of that same era, and also manufactured by F&C.

Thanks!

Elden Gatwood