Topics

yellow TH&B boxcars

Hugh Guillaume

Two of the USRA cars were painted yellow in 1954.  The numbers were 4576 and 4795.  Both were used in captive service on the TH&B, not in interchange service.  This info is found on the Westerfield data sheet entitled GTW/TH&B USRA Variations that is in the Westerfield kit box.  I have the kit but have not built it yet.

Also worth noting, the USRA cars were repainted in 1950 and given the pennant logo and eight-sided ampersand.  Originally the cars did not have the pennant logo and had the regular ampersand.

Bill Welch

Only reason I knew there were two is because on Facebook Rapido was alerting potential customers that reservations for the Yellow TH&B cars far outnumbered reservations for all others and alerting people that were only two of the yellow & black cars.

Bill Welch